Helping our clients understand their requirements and where we can help...
Annual P11D Submissions: Each year all employers must notify HMRC of any expenses and benefits provided to directors and employees in the previous tax year. Reporting is made through the annual submission of P11D forms which record expenses and benefits that may include.
- Beneficial loans over £10k
- Company cars and fuel
- Gym memberships
- Medical insurance
- Non-cash vouchers
NB. You do not have to report some routine business expenses such as business travel, phone bills and business entertainment expenses as these are covered by an exemption.
Our P11D Service
Organisations can often struggle to meet the deadlines and demands of completing the annual P11D submission, mainly because it is a large amount of work in a short period of time, so it is difficult to resource.
Our outsourced service means we manage the entire process on your behalf, so you avoid penalties for late submission and incorrect calculations and have a simple fixed cost to budget.
How does our service work?
- Request a P11D template.
- We will provide you with a template to populate your data.
- Return the completed template to us.
- We will prepare the P11Ds/P11D(b) and calculate the Class 1A NIC liability due for payment.
- We will send you a copy of the P11Ds/P11D(b) for you to approve.
- Once approved, we will submit the P11D forms to HMRC.
- We will also submit the P11D(b) form to HMRC.
- Provide P11Ds for your employees in PDF format.
- If we send BACS on your behalf, we can also pay the Class1A liability to HMRC on your behalf.
Payrolling Benefits: If you have registered for payroll benefits you do not need to provide a P11D to your employees. You do need to submit a P11D(b) and make a Class 1A payment to the HMRC.
VAT: You need to include VAT and any other additional premiums when reporting benefits to the HMRC.
Amount Made Good: This is any amount the employee has paid towards the cost of the benefit, i.e. through a payroll deduction. This will reduce the taxable benefit amount on the employee.
Note: It is important that you complete all of the information on our P11D Template as required. After the P11D is submitted, HMRC will update employees tax codes to reflect the tax due on the reported benefits.